Lexapro Lawsuit Attorneys
Lexapro is a popular antidepressant belonging to the family of drugs known as SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors). Unfortunately, Lexapro and other SSRI antidepressants have been proven to cause serious and possibly fatal birth defects.
If you took Lexapro during pregnancy and gave birth to a child with a birth defect, you should know that you may be entitled to recover significant compensation in a Lexapro birth defect lawsuit. Our talented team of Lexapro lawsuit attorneys has helped many families affected by Lexapro birth defects, and we are ready to hear your story.
Call our Lexapro birth defect lawsuit attorneys at 1-888-554-2889 for more information. We offer:
- A free, no-obligation Lexapro lawsuit case evaluation
- No fee unless we win your case
- Flexible appointments
- Helping Lexapro birth defect victims Nationwide
Lexapro Birth Defect Lawsuits
A number of families affected by Lexapro birth defects have opted to file dangerous drug lawsuits in pursuit of a Lexapro settlement. While every Lexapro lawsuit is unique, many of the Lexapro lawsuit claims made by plaintiffs are similar. In Lexapro lawsuits, our Lexapro attorneys claim that the drug manufacturer was negligent in a number of ways, such as:
- Representing that Lexapro caused minimal side effects, while hiding the fact that Lexapro causes birth defects more often than stated
- Having factual evidence from medical studies that Lexapro use during pregnancy increases the risk of birth defects
- Failure to thoroughly investigate the accuracy of the Lexapro label once the manufacturer became aware of a potential safety issue
- Failing to monitor Lexapro side effects scientific literature
- Failure to conduct Lexapro post market safety surveillance
In addition to the above Lexapro claims, plaintiffs in Lexapro lawsuits claim that Lexapro was not reasonably safe in design and that the foreseeable risks involved in taking Lexapro outweighed the therapeutic benefits of the drug. No Lexapro class action lawsuit has been filed at this time, but the number of individual Lexapro birth defect lawsuit claims continues to grow.
Lexapro Birth Defects
The SSRI antidepressant Lexapro has been known to cause a number of serious and potentially fatal congenital birth defects. Some Lexapro birth defects include:
- Atrial Septal Heart Defects
- Ventricular Septal Heart Defects
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Coarction of the Aorta
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Clefit Lip or Cleft Palate
- Intestinal malformations such as omphalocele
- Neural tube defects like spina bifida
- PPHN (persistent pulmonary hypertension in newborns)
- Skull deformities
Experienced Lexapro Lawsuit Attorneys
If your child was born with a birth defect after you took Lexapro during pregnancy, you may want to investigate filing a Lexapro lawsuit before a statute of limitations negates your ability to recover compensation for medical bills and other damages. Our Lexapro lawsuit attorney team has years of pharmaceutical product liability and dangerous drug litigation experience, and we are ready to help you review your rights in a free legal consultation. Contact us today to speak with a Lexapro birth defect lawsuit attorney.